In and around Karakol there is a myriad of options for activities of which the most popular ones are listed below. More information is provided at the guesthouse.
Activities in Karakol
- Walking tour in Karakol
- Visit the Slavic market on sundays
- Soviet memorabilia souvenir shop
- Visit the Holy Trinity cathedral
- Visit the Dungan mosque
- Visit the Russian quarter and gingerbread houses
- Visit the History museum
- Visit the animal market (Mal bazaar) on sunday mornings
- Visit the small and the big bazaar
For (a selection of) the above activities we can arrange a taxi driver who brings you to each place, waits for you and brings you to the next one.
Activities around Karakol
Options for activities around Karakol are plentiful. Hike in the high mountains, go horseback riding, engage on a motorbike tour or visit Issyk Kul. In the guesthouse we can tell you all about it and are happy to arrange any transport or tour.
- Motorbike or jeep tours
- Horseback riding tours
- Enjoy a Dungan family style dinner
- Visit Lake Issyk Kul and go for a swim
- Visit Nikolai Przhevalsky museum
- Go and see the Seven Bulls of Jeti-Oguz
- Fairytale canyon Skakza
- Experience traditional Kyrgyz culture on one of the cultural festivals
- Visit the delightful hot springs
- Cholpon-Ata Petroglyphs museum
- Skiing and snowboarding in Karakol and Jyrgalan
- Explore the southern shore of Issyk Kul and engage on one of the many available hikes, witness eagle hunting and more. Find more information on https://southshorekg.com/
We can arrange the necessary border permit(s) for your activities. Contact us minimally one month up front to put everything in order.
We are open all year round. In winter the region of Karakol offers excellent skiing, snowboarding, free ride and mountaineering ski adventures as well as beautiful snowshoe hikes.